PAN, AADHAR, MICR, SWIFT, and other IMPORTANT codes
- 1st three digits = Random alphabets
- 4th digit = Type of user. For Most Individuals, its ‘P’. P for person.
- 5th digit = First Letter of your surname.
- 6th-9th digit = Random Letters10th digit = Control Digit.
MICR stands for Magnetic Ink Character Recognition. It is 9 digit alphanumeric code.
- 1st three digits (1-3) = City Code
- Next three digits (4-6) = Bank Code
- Next three digits (7-9) = Branch Code
SWIFT stands for Society for Wordwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication. It can be either 8 digit or 11 digit code.
- First 4 digits = Bank Code
- Next 2 digits = Country Code
- Next 2 Digits = Location Code
- Next 3 Digits (Optional) = Branch Code
[Other Codes Coming Soon]