List of Bank Headquarters in India
It’s very difficult to remember headquarters of Indian Banks if you simply wish to mug it all up. Chances are you will mess it up during exams or interviews. Here, we are going to illustrate a simple trick to remember bank headquarters in India.
PS: Credit to one of our readers Ashutosh Patra for sharing this trick with us.
1. All banks that have ‘India‘ at the end of their name have their headquarters in Mumbai. Lets see some examples.
State Bank of ‘India’- Headquarters is in Mumbai.
Bank of ‘India’- Headquarters is in Mumbai.
Central Bank of ‘India’- Headquarters is in Mumbai.
Union Bank of ‘India’- Headquarters is in Mumbai.
- Reserve Bank of ‘India’- Headquarters is in Mumbai.
EXCEPTION: United Bank of India
2. “In Delhi, Punjabi girls excel in commerce!” This is mnemonic to remember which banks have headquarters in Delhi. Lets see examples.
Punjab National Bank – Headquarters is in New Delhi (punjabi)
Punjab & Sind bank – Headquarters is in New Delhi (punjabi)
Oriental Bank of Commerce – Headquarters is in New Delhi (commerce)
Bhartiya Mahila Bank – Headquarters is in New Delhi (girls)
Hope you get the drift here!
3. All banks starting with ‘Indian‘ have their headquarters in Chennai. Let’s see some examples.
- Indian Bank – Headquarters is in Chennai.
- Indian Overseas Bank – Headquarters is in Chennai.
Pretty self explanatory. Isn’t it!
4. Banks that start with ‘U‘ have their headquarters in Kolkata.
- UCO Bank – Headquarters is in Kolkata.
- United Bank of India – Headquarters is in Kolkata.
OKAY. This has two EXCEPTIONS. First is Union Bank of India (Mumbai). Starts with U but has headquarters in Mumbai. Another is Allahabad Bank (Kolkata).
5. Those banks that have South Indian names have their headquarters in Bangalore. Well, there are only two banks with South Indian Names.
- Canara Bank – Headquarters is in Bangalore. PS: Canara means Coastal Karnataka region
- Vijaya Bank – Headquarters is in Bangalore.
6. Very easy to remember headquarters of some Indian Banks as the name itself is self explanatory.
- Bank of Baroda – Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra – Pune
- Andhra Bank – Hyderabad
7. Now, there are two remaining banks that you need to remember. They are Syndicate Bank and Corporation Bank
- Syndicate – Manipal (Trick: This rhymes with Sikkim Manipal)
- Corporation Bank – Mangalore (Sorry. No Trick 🙂 )
I hope with these tricks you’ll never ever forget headquarters of Indian banks.
For a ready reckoner here’s a list of public Sector Banks in India with headquarters and taglines/slogans
|Allahabad Bank||Kolkata||A Tradition of Trust|
|Andhra Bank||Hyderabad||Where India banks|
|Bank Of Baroda||Vadodara||India’s International Bank|
|Bank Of India||Mumbai||Relationship Beyond Banking|
|Bank Of Maharashtra||Pune||One Family One Bank|
|Canara Bank||Bengaluru||Together We Can|
|Central Bank Of India||Mumbai||Build A Better Life Around Us|
|Corporation Bank||Mangalore||Prosperity For All|
|Dena Bank||Mumbai||Trusted Family Bank|
|IDBI Bank||Mumbai||Bank Aisa Dost Jaisa|
|Indian Bank||Chennai||Your Tech-Friendly Bank|
|Indian Overseas Bank||Chennai||Good People to Grow With|
|OBC||New Delhi||Where Every Individual is Committed|
|Punjab National Bank||New Delhi||The Name You Bank Upon|
|Syndicate Bank||Manipal||Your Faithful And Friendly Financial Partner|
|UCO Bank||Kolkata||Honours Your Trust|
|Union Bank Of India||Mumbai||Good People to Bank With|
|United Bank Of India||Kolkata||The bank that begins with “U”|
|Vijaya Bank||Bengaluru||A Friend You Can Bank Upon|
The complete list of bank slogans and taglines are provided here.
Do let us know if you have any other tricks up your sleeve that you’d like to share and we’ll definitely share those explicitly giving credits to you.
Thanks. Have a good day!
I'm Dushyant Shrivastava, A Professional blogger from Hyderabad, currently in Bangalore.
My niche is teaching stuff about IBPS and SBI competitive exams. I mostly talk about preparation tutorials, and occasionally about some recent exam notifications. You may visit my site at BankersAmbition.com to get a glimpse of my writings.
Latest posts by Dushyant Shrivastava (see all)
- EASY SYLLOGISM TRICKS. Get free practice Syllogism Questions - June 19, 2017
- IBPS PO : Everything you wanted to know! - June 10, 2017
- Ultimate English for Bank Exams Preparation: IBPS and SBI Covered - June 9, 2017